Keto fathead cinnamon rolls are a delicious way to start any day! In other words, if you are a sweet lover this is a perfect recipe for you. Most importantly, it will satisfy your cravings.
And who doesn’t love cinnamon rolls? The sweet smell of freshly baked cinnamon rolls out of the oven is heavenly. Even the sound of it makes the mouth water.
You might think baking takes time. But my Keto cinnamon rolls stay fresh for up to 3 days. So, you can prepare them at night and enjoy them in the morning with your fat burning coffee. And do you know how versatility these rolls can be? You can enjoy them with your breakfast. You can pack them for your kids’ lunch. And, when you don’t have time for a sit-down breakfast, you can grab one and eat it on your way to work. Isn’t that the most convenient breakfast ever?Who doesn’t love cinnamon rolls? Well these #keto cinnamon rolls are a delicious way to start any day! Click To Tweet
Cinnamon rolls may offer health benefits too
Not only are these perfect when you are on the go, the ingredients are also full of health benefits. Take cinnamon, for example. Not only does this heavenly spice smells delicious, but more importantly it is known to have amazing benefits. Cinnamon is your perfect partner in the keto diet. Not only does it taste amazing, but it also possesses medicinal properties like:
- Firstly cinnamon is known to lower sugar levels in the blood. Even consuming 1 to 6 grams of cinnamon daily can do the work.
- Secondly, did you know that cinnamon is called a “superfood” due to its antioxidant properties? Yes, you read right! Cinnamon contains a considerable number of potent antioxidants that shield the body against damages caused by free radical oxidation.
- Furthermore because cinnamon has antioxidants, it is also anti-inflammatory. This means that cinnamon helps your body fight against infections and promote.
- In addition, cinnamon helps in lowering blood pressure, therefore, protects the heart against various cardiovascular diseases.
- Consequently, because of its anti-inflammatory properties, cinnamon promotes healing through repairing tissue damages.
- In addition cinnamon has properties that can prevent multiple sclerosis because of its anti-inflammatory properties.
- Most importantly researchers have found that cinnamon has the potential to prevent Alzheimer’s disease and cancer. However, they are still testing the evidence.
All these amazing benefits of cinnamon will make you want to incorporate it into your diet daily. Well, you can do that. But I’ll recommend you take some time to follow my fantastic keto cinnamon roll recipe. By following this simple and easy recipe, you can eat these rolls whenever you want and hence, satisfy your craving for sweet and cinnamon simultaneously.
For the Rolls:
- 1 1/2 cup shredded mozzarella cheese (works best with pre-shredded mozzarella. Fresh mozzarella contains too much liquid and is too runny)
- 3/4 cup almond flour
- 1 tbsp cream cheese
- 1 egg (at room temperature)
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
For the Filling:
- 2 tbsp water
- 1-2 tbsp granulated keto sweetener
- 2 tsp cinnamon
For the Frosting:
- 2 Tbsp cream cheese
- 1 Tbsp greek/full fat yogurt
- 2 drops vanilla stevia (you can substitute with vanilla extract)
- First, preheat the oven to 360°F.
- Melt the mozzarella and cream cheese in a non-stick pot over a low heat or in a microwave (1 1/2 minutes, stirring half way through). Take off the stove and make sure the cheese is melted, not bubbling.
- Then stir in the egg.
- Add the almond flour and baking powder. Start to combine using a fork, then use your hands to make a ball of smooth dough.
- Next, divide the dough into 6 balls.
- Form long rolls and flatten out with your hands. Make the dough as thin as you can.
- Prepare filling: boil water, then stir in the sweetener and cinnamon. Spread the cinnamon paste over the flattened dough rolls.
- Roll each into a bun and cut sideways in half and bake for 15-20 minutes.
- Then while rolls bake prepare frosting: Mix cream cheese, yoghurt and stevia.
- Finally, spread frosting over the warm rolls and serve.
Amount Per Serving Calories 95Total Fat 7gSaturated Fat 2gTrans Fat 0gUnsaturated Fat 4gCholesterol 26mgSodium 111mgCarbohydrates 4gNet Carbohydrates 3gFiber 1gSugar 1gProtein 5g
Each recipe lists how many servings it makes and the nutrition info provided is per serving. This information is provided as a courtesy and is an estimate only. This information comes from online calculators. Varying factors such as product types or brands purchased can change the nutritional information in any given recipe. To obtain the most accurate representation of the nutritional information in any given recipe, you should calculate the nutritional information with the actual ingredients used in your recipe. You are solely responsible for ensuring that any nutritional information obtained is accurate.